The Eisenhower Business Improvement District’s mission is to revitalize the community and retain and recruit businesses. We know that the heartbeat of every city is the people who work, live, and play in the area, and that includes our dedicated business owners in the Eisenhower district. Our focus is to beautify the area, make it safer for all citizens and visitors, and help market the businesses that have teamed with EBID.
The businesses in the Eisenhower district willfully pay an additional tax to allow the EBID to revitalize the area. We do not take lightly the trust they have given EBID to use their money wisely. Our budget breakdown is as follows:
- Beautification – 48%
- Security – 23%
- Marketing – 15%
- Operating – 14%
A well-groomed and well-maintained area is attractive to the people of Macon and to our visitors. But, more important than aesthetics is the safety a well-maintained area provides. When customers feel safe, a surplus of shopping and spending will occur, bringing revitalization into the Eisenhower district. Several of our beautifying initiatives include:
- Cleaning up shrubbery along the streets
- Coordinating repairs for broken infrastructures
- Eliminating overgrowth along the corridor
- Mowing grass along Eisenhower Parkway
- Planting flower beds at major intersections
- Pruning overgrown trees
- Removing trash & illegal signage
The off-duty sheriff deputies meticulously patrol the entire district. Their presence is a deterrent to theft and burglary from businesses and motor vehicles. They also deter and report illegal activity to local authorities. The deputies handle a myriad of quality-of-life problems, perform goodwill gestures, and assist with traffic control.
The deputies patrol assigned routes, covering all zones in the district. They are professional, assertive, friendly, courteous individuals in excellent physical condition. The officers are in uniform and in a marked car.
In addition to our off-duty deputies, we recently installed 29 street lights for increased safety and visibility along the Eisenhower Corridor. Watch the incredible transformation here.
Business owners can help keep the Eisenhower district safe, too! By teaming with us, you are adding to the safety and well-being of the area. Several ways you can help include:
- Being aware of your surroundings
- Installing an alarm system & cameras
- Reporting suspicious activity
- Requesting outdoor lighting if needed
We aim to bring life back into the Eisenhower district – once again making it a thriving, fruitful area. We will do this by providing marketing services to the businesses we partner with. Through a business directory, eNewsletter, map of the area, and social media presence, the businesses in the Eisenhower district will receive the well-deserved attention and marketing they need to thrive! EBID will also promote retail retention and recruitment through the use of:
- Branded signage throughout the corridor
- Corridor website presence
- Market research & data collection
- Sales promotion
The EBID has an abundance of plans to add more beauty, safety, and revitalization to the Eisenhower district. Several of our plans include:
- Multiphase Landscaping Project along the Eisenhower Corridor (Phase I – I-475 Interchange)
- Wildflower Project in Medians of Eisenhower Parkway
- Business Development and Recruitment